This easy recipe is called Spaghetti Pie. I wish I had a picture to post but the spaghetti pie was so yummy it was gone before I could take one (Note to self: Take a picture before you serve). Although the recipe calls for spaghetti noodles, I used Penne because it holds the meat mixture well. Serve with a salad & breadsticks...(as Rachael Ray would say) Yum-o!
1 pound spaghetti
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
garlic powder to taste
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and crumble. Put crumbled beef in skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, bell pepper and pasta sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, green onions and cream cheese and set aside. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the cooked spaghetti. Spread the cream cheese mixture over it, add the meat mixture and sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly.