It's a little chilly here in San Diego but of course our "chilly" is 60 degrees. I decided that a perfect meal for a chilly day would be chili beans and cornbread. :) I found this quick and easy recipe! It takes about 20 minutes for it to cook, then it's ready to eat. Enjoy!
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1 white onion, chopped
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 2 cups water
* 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
In a large pot, cook beef over medium heat until brown. Stir in onion and cook until onion is translucent. Stir in tomato sauce, water, ranch-style beans, kidney beans, chiles, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.