DIY Salted Caramel Hot ChocolateIngredients:
Hot chocolate packets or chocolate powder mix (like Nesquik)
Whipped Cream (in can)
Course Sea Salt
1. Prepare hot chocolate as you normally would. By using whole milk, the hot chocolate will have a richer flavor but you can also use skim milk.
2. Warm 2 Tablespoons of caramel, then pour into a mug. Slowly rotate mug to evenly coat the inside of the mug.
3. After the mug is coated, then add hot chocolate and stir.
4. Top hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkle with sea salt. The fantastic thing about making your drinks at home is that you have total control of the ingredients! I added a little extra sea salt to my hot chocolate. Yum! You can also drizzle the top with caramel and/or add marshmallows.
5. ENJOY! You saved yourself some money and now you have the ingredients to make the drink anytime. :)