2 1/4 C. Flour
1/2 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 2/3 C Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
3 Lg Eggs
4 Egg yolks
1 Tbsp Amaretto
3/4 C Hazelnuts (skin on)
1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, yolks, and amaretto.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together (about one minute).
- Add the hazelnuts and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Roll the dough into 3 logs about 10 inches by 2 inches and place on an uncreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown and remove from oven.
- As they are cool enough to handle, cut the logs on a slight diagonal into pieces 1/3 inch thick and arrange cut side down on the sheets.
- Lower heat to 275 degrees and return pieces to the oven, bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool.