What's for dinner? How about adding a side of mexican bean and rice salad?! Mmm - this was the perfect side dish for my chicken enchiladas!
Serving Size: 10
* 2 cups cooked brown rice
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
* 1 small onion, diced
* 1 green bell pepper, diced
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
* 1 lime, zested and juiced
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* salt to taste
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the brown rice, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, green pepper, jalapeno peppers, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Lightly toss all ingredients to mix well, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
2. Refrigerate salad for 1 hour, toss again, and serve.
Note: I left out the jalapeno peppers and bell pepper (kids & I do not like them) and the salad was still delicious! I recommend that you squeeze a tad bit more lime juice before serving.