* 2 pounds ground beef
* 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup minced onion (I used 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder)
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, salt and pepper, and mix well. Pat out meat mixture into a 14x18 inch rectangle on a piece of wax paper. Spread cheese over the meat, leaving a 3/4 inch border around the edges. Roll up jelly roll fashion to enclose the filling and form a pinwheel loaf. Press beef in on both ends to enclose the cheese. Place in a 10x15 inch baking dish.
Note: When pressing the beef, you have get the ends tight or else the cheese will ooze out a little. (Hence why my meatloaf looks the way that it does.)
3. Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Yummy addition: Before serving, sprinkle bacon bits on top. Mmmm bacon cheeseburger meatloaf!
I also found another easy cheeseburger recipe here. This recipe sounds super easy and it received great ratings. If you try it, let us know how it came out.