2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. Sift flour and mix with baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender (or use a fork if you do not have a pastry blender).
3. Stir milk into flour mixture with a fork. Continue to stir until dough becomes soft and moist.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10-12 times.
5. Roll out dough to a 1/2 inch thickness, then cut with biscuit or cookie cutter (or you can use a small round cup).
6. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.