Wow, it's almost Thanksgiving! I'm so excited to be spending time with my family. Tomorrow I have to bake a couple pies, so I figured I would share my favorite pie recipe - Sweet Potato Praline Pie.
I do not claim this recipe as my own! I bake this pie every Thanksgiving but have no clue where I found this recipe. I tried it out many years ago, loved it, and saved in my recipe book.
15.5 oz. can of mashed sweet potatoes
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 unbaked pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pastry shell. Place in oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Once cool, sprinkle chopped pecans on top of pie and set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and whipping cream Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool slightly, then spoon over pie.