Sorry for the late post but I literally just made these delicious muffins for my kids.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
Makes 18 muffins
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (you can use oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup flax mill (optional but add 1/2 cup more flour if you omit)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2.25 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients (except for blueberries) Next, mix in dry ingredients and continue mixing until it has reached a semi-smooth consistency. Gently fold in blueberries to batter.
- Evenly distribute batter in muffin tin and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.